About This Role
Strava is the social fitness platform motivating the world to be more active. Over 100 million people from 190 countries use Strava to track and share their activities, measure progress, connect and compete with friends, join clubs and challenges, and discover the best places to explore. From those just starting out to the very best athletes in the world, from local run club organizers to the biggest brands in the world, everyone active belongs on Strava. At Strava, we’ve got a mission to connect the world through movement, and we’re committed to providing endless motivation for athletes of all levels to live their best active lives.
To further this mission, we’re looking for an experienced Brand Marketing and Strategy expert to join our ambitious Audience Marketing team at a pivotal and exciting time for the organization. We’re looking for an eager and adaptable leader who will make an immediate impact on the business while helping to shape the future of our Brand vision.
As Strava’s Senior Marketing Manager, Brand, you’ll be uniquely positioned to develop our Brand strategy – shaping how we define our positioning, messaging strategy, and critical Brand moments – as well as bring your vision to life – partnering with our collaborative, cross-functional team to activate campaign moments throughout the year. In this role, you’ll truly shape the relationship between Strava and our vibrant community.
This application period closes on December 1st. If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply before December 1st at 5:00pm PST.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you:
- Are customer-obsessed. You’ll become a company expert on consumer needs, motivations, and drivers of activation and retention.
- Have a strong marketing mind. You’ll lead the development of messaging frameworks and positioning maps to guide marketing campaigns for target audiences.
- Are connected in culture. You’re inherently curious about culture and have a keen sense for connecting marketing strategies to the world around you. Bonus points for fitness culture, but not required.
- Think creatively. You love marketing because you can solve real problems through creative thinking, and while you understand marketing fundamentals, you’re in your element most when you’re pushing boundaries.
- Thrive in collaborative environments. You will work closely with Consumer Insights, Growth, Comms, Social, International Partner Leads, B2B Sales, Creative, and more; you love bringing multiple perspectives together to come to solutions that are better than the sum of their parts.
You will be successful here by:
- Taking an audience-first approach, putting our target audiences at the center of every decision you make. You are able to develop an understanding of how best to reach and inspire our users quickly, knowing what data to leverage and how to access and interpret it.
- Leading with ambition, optimism, and energy, seeking out opportunities to drive meaningful impact and rally a broad cross-functional team to a unified vision.
- Weaving marketing expertise and creativity to bring marketing campaigns to life, capitalize on cultural moments, and tell our brand story.
- Collaborating at the highest level with cross-functional teams to deliver compelling narratives that drive meaningful business impact.
- Embracing ambiguity and change, thriving in an ever-evolving environment of business needs and priorities.
We're excited about you because you have:
- BA, MBA preferred but not required
- 8+ years of professional experience in marketing in a corporate or startup environment
- A history of building and scaling brands, measuring success and delivering a strong return on investment
- Fluency with data, including market and segment sizing, forecasting, and marketing efficacy in partnership with Business Growth and Analytics teams
- Tech marketing experience is strongly preferred; fitness industry or Product Marketing experience is a plus, but not required.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. With billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and adventurous vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. Just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community. We are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a distributed capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
See more jobs at Strava