Built around our mission, we started AG more than a decade ago as a way to bring comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to just about everybody. Originators of the Essentialist Nutrition movement, our philosophy is to focus on a very small number of products based on what the latest science indicates is essential to human health.
AG1 is made from the highest quality ingredients, in accordance with the strictest standards and obsessively improved based on the latest science. 75 vitamins, minerals, and whole-food sourced nutrients in one convenient daily serving. Optimized for athletes, life-letes, and everyone in between. Vegan, Paleo, and Keto-friendly. One scoop or travel packet, 8 ounces of water. Every day. That's it.
Our mission is to empower people to take ownership of their health.
Data is critical for Athletic Greens (AG) and we’re searching for an experienced leader to ensure that data is at the helm of, and guiding, our strategies and decision-making. We see this function and role to be hugely educational and strategic to our business - teaching us more about our customers and products, identifying areas of improved efficiency and guiding our key strategic priorities.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President, Data & Analytics role at AG is responsible for scaling our data and analytic functions and positioning them to be strategic drivers of our business. You will have complete oversight of our internal and external data stack as well as our internal and external Data & Analytics teams. The ideal candidate will be solutions oriented, have experience scaling data teams in a hyper growth environment and be committed to developing scalable platforms and techniques for producing high quality data and analytics. As this position supports our executives and our leadership team, you must be a ‘hands on’ thought leader: capable of balancing high level strategic thinking with a hands-on ability to execute.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead and provide the vision for shaping and scaling the analytics and data functions at Athletic Greens.
- Oversee and develop systems and processes that deliver accurate, timely metrics to key stakeholders across the organization and provide ad-hoc reporting/metrics as required.
- Lead the data team, and function, providing the coaching and development of the team, and setting forth the strategies, priorities and goals that the team will be responsible for.
- Define the data strategy and data application strategy to enhance our data and analytical capabilities.
- Define, prioritize and manage the data and analytics roadmap.
- Work with the CFO to streamline our systems architecture, data stack, and internal framework to support a central and scalable Analytics function.
- Develop the framework for analytics across the company - standardization of data collection, data automation, data management, and data use - and build and lead a world-class team of internal and external data scientists and analysts to deliver it.
- Evangelize the use of data-informed decision making through the organization and create data-driven standards for leveraging data science and analytics to offer both internal and external actionable insights.
- Identify and recommend technical tools/techniques including business intelligence tools, ETL infrastructure, and unifying customer and other data across currently used tools and services.
- Lead the efforts to research and select segmentation, data warehouse and business intelligence tools to enable real time dashboard and reporting with minimal manual maintenance.
- Define the metrics that are critical in driving business's performance across different functions and utilize them to effect change.
- Partner with leaders across the organization to identify and execute on analytical needs/gaps and create self-service dashboards and visualization tools to enable the business.
- Champion efforts to collect data required if it is not currently available.
- Setup and monitor user behavior, conversion statistics, funnel metrics, etc. and provide insights that will inform the business to drive growth.
- Ensure daily/weekly/monthly financial reporting is accurate and delivered on time.
- Build alerts or warnings for each department so they can easily identify numbers that are performing outside of the usual tolerances.
- Proactively build reporting and BI dashboards that provide both historical and forecast metrics for each key function in the business.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Obsession with learning about customers driving amazing outcomes for them through data driven insights
- Proven track record of delivering results in a dynamic high-growth environment with aggressive timelines
- Bias for action
- Proven ability to cut through complexity to isolate what is truly important to take action on NOW, start there, and redefine the future roadmap as you iterate and learn
- Extremely strong problem solving capabilities - can think through issues from first principles; not wholly dependent on pre-learned problem solving frameworks
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Business Administration, or a related field, although self-taught candidates with a strong track record are welcomed!
- 10-12+ years of relevant experience in data analytics
- Experience in high growth startups, particularly in ecommerce or subscription, is highly valued
- Strong communicator who can tell the story or “So what” that the data reveals
- 5+ years of experience leading teams; proven ability to build and incentivize high-performance analytical teams
- Strong experience in data strategy, data architecture, data management, and/or data science, advanced analytics, or other related technical discipline
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to guide team(s) to success, by coaching and developing individuals to showcase their best talents and abilities.
- Demonstrated skill, comfort, and success leading teams to deliver on analytics and BI projects.
- Our culture is vibrant and fast paced, and we are looking for someone who can adapt and pivot with our ever changing environment. You are also intrinsically motivated to strive in a WFH environment.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and ability to link strategies to business priorities and initiative.
- Expertise in reporting and database management platforms, including PowerBI, Bigquery etc.
- Expertise in common data structures, languages, and tools.
- An insights-driven Analytics leader to support our key initiatives and help chart the course for the continual evolution of the organization.
- Someone who loves giving and receiving feedback.
- You’re decisive & proactive; you understand that we need to move quickly and that starts by making decisions, owning them and iterating when required.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process, to ensure values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- 90% -100% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- Employer paid short-term disability and life insurance.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer's health and wellness.
- Generous paid maternity and paternity leave to allow you to spend time with your new family.
- A monthly fitness class credit to support you on your health and fitness journey.
- Annual company-wide retreats and quarterly department-wide meet-ups (COVID permitting).
- A 401k plan with company-matching because life is an opportunity and we care about your future.
- Paid holidays and an unlimited vacation policy to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues.
- A brand new company laptop and a generous home-office budget so you can work your best.
- Access to Athletic Greens product and swag items.
Athletic Greens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inspiring fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health and we believe this starts in the workplace. We do this by providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where all team members can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and make a difference in the world together. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer.
AG is dedicated to providing equitable and competitive compensation & benefits packages. For this particular role, the base salary range is $235,000 - $261,000 and will ultimately be decided at the offer stage, based on an individual candidate’s level of skills and experience aligned with the needs of this role. Base salary is one component of total compensation for this position. We provide a competitive mix of base salary, performance bonus, and stock option allocation for eligible roles.
See more jobs at Athletic Greens
Estimated Salary range:
Our salary intelligence calculated a range for this position between $120,000 - $150,000.Apply for this job