PlayOn! Sports is the nation's leading high school media and technology company, providing streaming and digital ticketing services to thousands of high schools nationwide. In 2013, PlayOn! Sports and the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) created the NFHS Network, a joint venture that aggregates the sports media and related rights of state high school athletic associations while celebrating the accomplishments of student-athletes, student broadcasters, and high schools across the country. Through the NFHS Network, PlayOn! Sports provides automated production capabilities free of charge to schools which allows them to live-stream via artificial intelligence and automation thus avoiding the need for production personnel.
In 2022, PlayOn! Sports and GoFan (backed by KKR a leading global investment firm), the leading digital ticketing company in the high school sports market, joined forces to create a streamlined customer experience for in-person, live-stream, and on-demand events. There are 19,500 high schools in the NFHS ecosystem and PlayOn! Sports currently works with over 50% of them. Going forward, the company is focused on: 1) continuing to grow the number of schools it works with; 2) continuing to grow the average revenue per school; 3) expanding the products and services it provides to the high school ecosystem beyond streaming; 4) expanding outside of high school sports.
PlayOn! Sports is actively looking to add an Advertising Sales Specialist to our VNN Sports team. We are focused on our vision of becoming the go-to digital platform for high school sports. Your contributions will be made by connecting small to large sized businesses with local high schools across the country. If you're interested in giving local communities one place to rally around school athletes and their activities and giving businesses targeted opportunities to speak with their customers, we know just the place.
Additional responsibilities and accountabilities for this role include:
• During your first few weeks, you'll learn how to conduct engaging online presentations, overcome objections, negotiate and close deals.
• You'll be the doorway that gives businesses exclusive access to local high school sports communities.
• Using a consultative sales approach you'll work to connect businesses to their local high schools.
• You will steer the full sales cycle from prospect to close.
• 2+ years of experience working in a sales-specific position (account management, recruiting, sales or (equivalent position or combination of education and experience)
• Ability to communicate effectively over the phone
• Positive attitude and drive to win
• Demonstrated sales ability
• Willingness to fail and motivated to learn from your shortcomings
• Tenacity and ability to overcome objections and rejections
• Self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT PLAYON! SPORTS
PlayOn! Sports is more than just a place to work. It's a place to learn, grow, and thrive as people and professionals. We encourage a healthy work-life balance at PlayOn! Sports through offering flexible working schedules and generous paid time off in the off-season. Come be a part of the team that is changing the landscape of high school sports!
Some benefits we offer include:
• Competitive salary
• Multiple Medical options to choose from
• Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
• Unlimited PTO
• 401K plan with company match
• Fun and collaborative hybrid/flexible work environment
Note: Part-time employees and interns are not eligible to participate in any of the Company’s Employee Health Benefit Plan listed above. These Benefits are only available to full-time employees of the Company.
See more jobs at PlayOn! Sports
Estimated Salary range:
Our salary intelligence, powered by our AI algorithms, has calculated an estimated range for this position between $45,000 - $55,000 . Please note that the actual salary for this position may vary, as it is dependent on various factors including but not limited to experience, location, and market dynamics.