Curai Health is an AI-powered virtual clinic on a mission to improve access to care at scale. As the pioneer in deploying machine learning into clinical workflows, Curai Health enables its dedicated, specially trained clinicians to deliver primary care to more people at a fraction of the cost. Easy-to-use and convenient, Curai Health partners with insurers and health systems to keep patients engaged in their care over time, improving health outcomes and reducing costs.
Our company is remote-first and we consider candidates across the United States. Our corporate office is located in San Francisco.
Machine Learning Research at Curai
At Curai, our mission is to provide the best healthcare to everyone. To achieve this mission, we took a long-term view and established a strong research culture to propel innovation in telehealth primary care.
A significant aspect of our culture, and arguably unique for a startup, is our commitment to open research (see publications). Our recent collaborators include faculty and students from Stanford, NYU, MIT, Georgia Tech, Duke and Massachusetts General Hospital.
Our current research focus areas include medical NLP (Eg. medical conversational agents), clinical decision support, and designing evaluation metrics that are clinically rooted. These areas require research combining advances in large language models with the grounding of medical knowledge and the ability to model long-tail data distributions.
Who You Are
• Are a self-starter and have a growth mindset.
• Enjoy tackling complex problems in a scientific and data-driven way.
• Are excited by the complexity of healthcare and view challenges of medical data: sparse, low volume, and long-tailed, as opportunities.
• Are collaborative and appreciate working with people with diverse expertise.
• Value breadth of knowledge as much as specialization.
• Enjoy thinking through trade-offs with mindfulness of near-term needs and Curai’s long-term strategy.
What You'll Do
• Have a huge impact by influence the company's direction ultimate goal of high quality hybrid ML-practitioner primary care
• Advance state of the art in machine learning for primary healthcare by jointly contributing to product-focused applications and research-focused publications in top-tier conferences.
• Work with experts in medicine, design and engineering to advance product and research goals.
• Mentor research interns
What You'll Need
• Ph.D. or research focused Masters or Masters with at least three years of experience as an applied scientist in machine learning /NLP
• Publications in top-tier conferences or journals (*ACL, Neurips, JAMIA, etc.)
• Experience with model development frameworks and large language models (e.g. langchain, pytorch, tensorflow).
• Prior research work in ML for healthcare is highly valued but optional
• Industry experience with cross-functional collaboration is desirable but not required
Our interview process typically consists of an initial call to meet your future manager and a technical phone call with a future teammate. The next round is a series of four technical phone calls where you meet cross-functional partners and other teammates at the company. These interviews are set up in such a way to allow you to learn more about us (mission, product, company culture, and vision) and for us to know more about you (your superpowers and strengths). We tailor our interview process to your background and research interests.
What We Offer
• Culture: Mission driven talent with great colleagues committed to living our values, collaborating and driving performance
• Pay: Competitive compensation and stock
Wellness: Unlimited PTO, flexible working hours and remote working options
• Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision, flex spending plans, and and paid parental leave
• Financial: 401k plan with employer matching
The annual base salary range for this position is between $190,000 and $210,00 annually. Stock grants also play a key part in any offer, they increase your overall compensation package significantly based on company success. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
Curai Health is a startup with a small, but world-class team from high-tech companies, AI researchers, and practicing physicians, to team members from non-traditional career paths and backgrounds. We also have research partnerships with leading universities across the country and access to medical data that facilitates research in this space. We are a highly collaborative, data-driven team, focused on delivering our mission with funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors including Morningside, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
At Curai Health, we are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment. In keeping with our beliefs and values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. To promote an equitable and bias-free workplace, we set competitive compensation packages for each position and do not negotiate on our offers. We are looking for mission-driven teammates, who embody our core values, and appreciate our transparent approach.
See more jobs at Curai Health